The structure of the website is, first of all, a clear and simple menu, convenient forms for entering the site, placing an order for goods / services. The user builds his own model of interaction with the site, based on previously acquired experience. Therefore it is very important to meet the expectations of the target consumer audience. The logical structure of the site should be sufficiently predictable, adapted to different categories of users, simplified, but, nevertheless, extraordinary solutions should not be excluded, since a modern person always appreciates originality more.
CREATION OF AN INTERNET CATALOG SITE
What is the structure of the site? It is a competently built navigation, convenient distribution of design elements, organic connection between internal pages and sections, quick search for the necessary categories/subcategories. The creation of the structure solves a huge number of very important tasks, among which it is worth noting the growth of the target audience, increasing brand awareness, demonstrating the level of professionalism and qualifications of the company.
WHY DO YOU NEED SEO WEBSITE STRUCTURE?
A competent website structure affects the quality of SEO promotion and will be appreciated by both users and search engines:
- the correct division into categories will ensure trust from search engines;
- clear structure will provide good behavioral factors that affect the ranking of the site;
- the percentage of bounces and exits will decrease, which will accelerate the rise to the top of search results;
- as a result - audience and sales growth.
TYPES OF WEBSITE STRUCTURES
If you have a semantic core and you understand what kind of materials should be on the site, the structure of the resource should be outlined in the form of a diagram. In other words - a hierarchy, a logical and consistent chain of construction and presentation of information.
What kind of scheme can be depends on the purpose of the site. On this basis the most appropriate type of structure is chosen:
- Alphabetical organization. It provides for the arrangement of information in alphabetical order. Convenient when the client knows exactly the name of the product he is looking for.
- Chronological. Most often used when posting news, press releases, which allows you to navigate by the date of release of the desired material.
- Tree-like. When there is a main page, and from it already go different categories, product cards, etc. This is a popular structure of an online store, the development of which must be done very carefully.
- Thematic. Convenient navigation for users when all information is arranged by topic.
- Linear. In this case, all information is located in the form of a chain with its components. A person here does not have the opportunity to move from page to page as he pleases, everything happens according to a specific route. This is a typical option for a business card.
- Lattice. For it, all components are placed in separate branches. It is more often found in catalogs of information articles.
THE STRUCTURE OF THE SITE, AS WE NOTED ABOVE, IS DIRECTLY RELATED TO SEO PROMOTION.
It is not enough to have a resource to benefit from it, for the successful solution of business problems you need constant targeted traffic, which means high positions in the search results. A competent seo structure of the site will be appreciated by both users and search engines, which take into account the construction of the resource when indexing it.
Correctly configured sections will provide the web resource with site links, trust by the search engine, and the behavioral factors that are taken into account when ranking sites will only bring benefits: instead of frequent bounces and leaving the site, you will get excellent results and the top of the results will not keep you waiting, in the future - conversions and a loyal audience.
COMMON MISTAKES OF WEB SITE STRUCTURE THAT SHOULD NOT BE MADE
- Detailed breakdown of the assortment and, as a result, a large nesting of pages on the resource
- Inaccurate or unclear category names
- Using several synonyms of the same term in the category name.